Saturday, August 29, 2009

1st Day of School

Well.....I am the only mom in America that forgot to take her children's picture on the first day of school. I can only be perfect 95% of the time! To say the least, it was a great first day!

Jake is in the 2nd grade at International Studies Magnet School. Mrs. Mary Wheelis is his teacher. She goes to our church and we are so thrilled! In the 2nd grade they study about South America. (1st grade was Australia) He is so excited because Chris is going in a few weeks to do a presentation on Ecuador for all of the 2nd grade students. I am trying to confidence Chris that he needs to take Jake to Ecuador sometime this school year. Still working on that! Jake's school has become a project based school so there are no desks. It always surprises me when I walk in because all of the students are sitting in groups at tables. It is a small school that has a great community. Jake is blessed to be there.

My sweet little Isaac is at Jonesboro Pre-K. He has Mrs. Sarah Horton as his teacher. Jake had her for kindergarten, but this year she decided to move down to the pre-k. I called the day she moved to request her for this year! She is wonderful and Isaac is so thrilled to have her. We decided a few years ago to go ahead and hold Isaac back one year because his birthday is Aug. 13th. This is his 2nd year at the pre-k and he looks so Huge compared to all of the other kids! They did put him in a class that has multiple 5 year olds, so that is helpful. He loves to go to school every day and never complains about anything.

Both the boys are able to take Spanish twice a week and we are looking forward to seeing how much they are able to learn over the years! My dad is actually taking a college Spanish class right now too. We might have a few interpeters for our next mission trip!

My first day at MacArthur Jr. High was 120% better than last year! It is amazing how much more confident you are after one year. I feel much more relaxed and at ease with everything. I have a great schedule and I really think that it is going to be a great year!

Maybe we will have a "3rd week of school" picture this week!


1 comment:

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Camera...check! I had already thought about that, but I always forget things at the last minute. I am so glad you are blogging! It seems some of our friends are falling off the wagon.