Thursday, February 25, 2010

Polly's ramblings

I am feeling the need to ramble. Just lots of thoughts running around in my head.

1. I love girl scout cookies. But, why? Are they really that much better than other cookies or is it just because you have to order them and wait in anticipation for their arrival?

2. Why is long hair on guys in style? When will the short haircuts come back? I hate Jake's hair.

3. I wish I could be one of those women that like to dress up and look nice every day. Why is it that all I ever want to wear is hoodies and jeans?

4. Why do I hate to exercise? Why do I have to be lazy all the time? I want to be a runner.

5. Why can't I be one of those people that can accomplish a lot in one day?

6. What is up with everyone fighting over school districts? I think that it is crazy. All of the schools in Jonesboro are great compared to the rest of the state. Am I really a bad parent because I did not choose Valley View? Are the schools raising our children or are we? I hate that we as parents start to judge more as are children get older. Deep thoughts...

7. I need more self discipline. BAD! I want to be an over achiever, why is it so hard?

8. Do I have to put something on my fireplace mantel? Can I just have a picture or a mirror?

9. How do I want to landscape the front of my house this year? Just mulch? Plant flowers or just a few hanging baskets? Probably nothing, because I am too lazy. I need to be better about that. Really.

10. Is anyone else out there completely obsessed with The Pioneer Woman? I got her cookbook for Christmas and love it. Then I found out she has a website. I have spent most of the morning reading it. That goes back to why I can't accomplish anything....


7 comments:

Hannah said...

I totally agree about the school stuff. Compared to Little Rock, the choices here are great! We are in Nettleton; Will is going to Fox Meadow in the fall. I've heard it's a good school. Can't believe I'm going to have a kindergartener!

Jenny said...

The school stuff is ridiculous... Kevin went to public school in California... anything has to be better than that!! Our school decision was based on where the majority of friends are, not so much on the school itself. They're all good around here!!!

Polly said...

Jenny..I am so excited that all of the house stuff worked out for you! What a huge blessing! Congrats! Hannah... Will is going to be such a cute little kindergartener! Isaac is so excited!

Rebecca said...

Polly,

Read the Pioneer Woman's "Black Heels to Tracker Wheels" love story saga. It is great! She is a great writer! Oh and let me tell you her cinnamon rolls are TO DIE FOR!!!

Kristi Barnett said...

Polly, your "ramblings" are the best! I think you spoke my mind on many of them (school districts, Pioneer Woman, etc.)!

Mom Grotheer (GiGi) said...

You have made me laugh out loud tonight...you are funny with your random thoughts.....BUT you are not a lazy person....I could not do what you do every day....and yes, your mirror is all you need on your mantel.

SusanB said...

I've been a PW reader since almost the beginning. Gave the cookbook for presents as Christmas. They're making a movie of BH2TW (that's Black Heels to Tractor Wheels)

Susan B