Hello friends! It has been a long time, but I am finally back! We moved back into our house last weekend after being out for 6 weeks. Wow...what an adventure we have had! They always tell you to count on twice as long as they tell you it is going to be and that was exactly what happened to us!
Lets start from the beginning....My eye surgery went very well and they say that I am doing great. I underestimated the seriousness of the surgery and how much it would hurt. I guess I thought, "it is your eye, how bad can it be". I was badly mistaken! I was in the bed for days and it hurt bad!!! It is over now, though, and things seem to be going well. I have gone back twice for check ups and he says that it looks like it is healing wonderfully. I go back in Jan. and they will then decide when to take out the oil bubble. My vision is still really blurry, but I don't notice it much anymore. I think your body helps you deal with things like this.
I had the eye surgery on Wed., Oct. 29th and we moved out of our house on Sat., Nov 1. Living at Mrs. Perkins house was not bad at all. The boys loved it and had a great time running around in a huge empty house. The first few weeks felt like we were camping. The last few weeks we thought we were going to go crazy. Going back and forth got really old and not having things when you needed them was hard too. But, all is well and we are back. Now, we are not all put back to together, but we are at least in our house. I still have a lot of painting to do and organizing, but it has given me a great opportunity to go through things and throw a lot of stuff away.
We have been too overwhelmed and too stressed to do a lot of things we wanted to do this year. We ended up staying in Jonesboro for Thanksgiving instead of going to my sisters new house. We were at our breaking point and we needed to make lots of decisions for our house that week. We were really disappointed, but I think that if we went we would be in Mrs. Perkins house for Christmas. I do not have one Christmas decoration out. Not even a tree. We are leaving on Sunday for Nashville and I could not bring myself to putting everything out for 1 week. The boys are too young to remember this Christmas anyways, right?! Oh well.
We have made it out alive and we are praying that 2009 is a little less eventful than 2008. I nice boring year would be great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my stars! I am exhausted just from reading how things have been for you guys! I can't imagine how hard this must have been on top of working full time! You are such a trooper and have a wonderful attitude! I'm glad your eye is doing better! Don't worry about the Christmas decorations! You will be at your families and they will have decorations up! Just think of how nice it will be to come home and not have to mess with putting it all up!
Post a Comment