Sunday, March 8, 2009

FLU!!!!

Well....the flu has hit the Harrell family. My poor Jakers woke up this morning with a fever and complaining that his head hurt, his feet hurt and his arm hurt. Jake can't get the flu shot because he is allergic to eggs and the flu shot is made in eggs. He can't get the nose mist because he has asthma, so we knew this day would come eventually. Luckily, we have been on the watch for it and I got him to to doctor as soon as I could. He is on tamiflu along with the rest of us. The doctors said that he should start feeling better by Tuesday and will hopefully be back to school by the end of the week.




This is Jake trying to feel good.





This is how he really feels.


Poor buddy! Please be praying for him, because we have to watch his asthma really closely. The flu can get bad for asthma kids really quickly.

2 comments:

ashleigh said...

poor jake! tamiflu is a miracle drug if you start it early. it made a huge difference for me in just 24 hours. i hope it does for jake, too! bless his little heart.

and lucky mom & dad--you get to watch star wars 457 more times while he recovers :)

Kristi Barnett said...

Oh, I am so sorry! I hope he is feeling better today and you are all well.