Saturday, September 26, 2009

Thankful Tuesday on Saturday


Well, I am sitting here in my pj's drinking coffee with tons of chocolate creamer in it thinking about how great life is. I think it is time to list a few blessings! (I encourage all of my fellow bloggers out there to do the same!)

1. I have great kids. I mean really great kids! Jake woke up this morning so excited to go look at his new shoe's that he got last night. He just wanted to look at them! They are low top black converse and he is pumped! Thank you Granma and Granddaddy for the $20 in the mail. Hilarious that he wanted to buy shoe's with his money!

2. I had an awesome date night with a 7 year old and a 5 year old last night. Hung out at chick-fil-a forever, just listening to them talk. I learned from Isaac that a diamond is really a rhombus and that I should not call it a diamond any more. Jake told me all about the animals of the rain forest, including the differences in their bone structure!

3. I am so thankful for our morning routine with the boys. It is such a blessing to start the day hanging around the kitchen island eating breakfast. It is completely worth waking up earlier so that I get those 20 precious minutes every day.

4. Praise the Lord that I have such a hard working husband. Probably too hard working, but still wonderful! Our preaching minister had a car wreck and is not going to be able to preach for 3-4 weeks, so Chris is filling in. No complaining, just taking it in stride. He is working 2 full time jobs for the next month and is still wonderful.

5. I have great parents. Really, really great parents! Everyone that knows them, knows how great they are! Mom came to visit last weekend and ended up staying 2 extra days because Isaac was sick. She wanted to stay so that I would not have to miss any work. What a great mom she is!

6. If you were to ask either one of my boys who their best friend was, they would both say "my brother". Blessings, Blessings, Blessings! They sleep together, eat together, play together, go to the bathroom together, etc... Pray that this stays this way for the rest of their lives!

7. The Story! Our church is doing The Story for the next 9 months. www.thestorysw.net What a great experience to be able to read through the entire Bible as a family. How wonderful that Isaac has been so excited for his new "Story Bible" that he has taken it to school almost everyday. His teacher even let him get up in front of the class and show everyone.


No comments: