Monday, July 28, 2008

What a crazy summer!

What a crazy summer we are having. I thought I might recap June and July.

Polly:
June started with me getting a new job! I am the new FACS (family and consumer science) teacher at MacArthur Jr. High. My dream job, but one major problem....I don't have a teaching license. Luckily, there is this wonderful little program call the Non-traditional licensure program. I have a degree in FACS just not the teaching part. The NTLP allows me to start teaching while getting the teaching license. I am in the program for 2 years. 3 weeks this summer and 3 weeks next summer. Then, one Sat. a month for the next 2 school years. There is a ton of work that goes with it, but it is better than going to school full time for a year and not getting paid. I am pretty worn out, but excited too. There is another small problem with this whole FACS thing. I don't know how to sew! My focus in college was family relations, not sewing! I may need a few of you to give me a crash course this fall! This week I am cleaning out my classroom and trying to figure out what I am doing! PRAY!

Chris:
Chris is on his last official youth mission trip right now! He is spending the week with the Dry Bones ministry in Denver. It is the perfect way to end his youth ministry career. He loves this trip and this ministry. June began with the announcement of Chris' position change at SW. He is moving to Associate Minister in September. This was a really big decision that was prayed over for months. He loves youth ministry, but has been struggling with God calling him to a different ministry. His gifts have changed over the last few years, but God has been telling him to wait and be patient. I truly believe that God has prepared Chris for this position and prepared the church for Chris to be in this position. We are both going to miss youth ministry so much. It is all we have known as a married couple. The great part about this change is that he isn't leaving youth ministry because he doesn't like it anymore. He is leaving because God has prepared him for something else. This is Chris' tenth summer as a full time youth minister and in that time he has made a enormous impact in God's kingdom. I am continually amazed at how he allows God to work in him and how he allows God to change him. Please pray for him and for the teens. We have been praying for God to bring us a great new youth minister!

Jake and Isaac:
Bless them! They are hanging in there and probably have no idea how their lives are about to change. My mom (gigi) has been here for the last 2 weeks helping out with babysitting. I really don't know what we would have done with out her. The boys love when she is here and they have hardly noticed that we have been crazy. Please pray for them this fall. Isaac is starting the pre-k center. This will be his first year to be in school full time. Jake will be in the 1st grade at the International studies magnet school. I am so excited about their schools and know that is right where they need to be. Pray that they get great teachers and find some good friends!

We are blessed and are excited/nervous for what God has in store for us this year. We already told Greg Brooks that we are probably going to need our 4 free sessions at the Better Life Counseling Center! :)

1 comment:

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Change is good, and it looks like you guys are in for a A LOT of changes soon. However, it looks like really good changes! Good for you!!