Friday, June 20, 2008

Impact

I have only been able to be at Impact for 2 days, which is a major bummer. I love Impact and all of the craziness that goes with it. Here are a few highlights from the last 2 days.

1. Jake riding a mechanical bull.

2. Isaac and Jake staring at the moon. Isaac: "I think that the moon is God picking his nose."

3. Jake standing next to me in worship singing. He knew a lot of the songs and sang along. I couldn't sing too much. Too busy crying.

4. Watching the video of all the baptisms that have taken place all week. Makes me cry every time.

5. Impact board family. It is like coming home every year.

6. Lots and lots of pizza!

7. Lipscomb now has a Starbucks, Chick-fil-a, and a Blue Coast burrito.

8. The president of Lipscomb giving all of the board members coupons for free coffee at Starbucks!

9. The Sand Artist. Amazing! There is this guys that does the story of Jesus on the cross in sand. I know that it sounds crazy, but it truly is the coolest thing.

10. My yearly lunch with 2 of my best childhood friends. They have both ended up in Nashville, so every year during Impact we get together for lunch. We each go around and talk about what has happened this year. It is never awkward, just like we see each other everyday. True friends!

Can't wait for next year!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Impact was always so much fun! I can't believe Lipscomb has a Blue Coast and Chik-Fil-A...where was the good food when we were in school!?

Debbie Cook said...

I am glad you are having a good time, but when are you coming home?

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Sounds great, what a wonderful trip. My girls love VeggieTales and have a worship cd and listening to them sing, blessed be his name always makes me tear up. My kids singing is one my favorite things!!

Daniel said...

Yeah #10! I will make a Facebook thingy soon and let you know. But you are doing the magic of getting the big shindig at Vickie's house, right? :) Your kids are a hoot! I love all these pictures. I need to come back here more often.

ashleigh said...

WHAT? I choked down that nasty cafeteria food at SEVEN years of Impact, and now they get Chick-fil-A.

Lipscomb, you stink.

What, no mention of the fun of dorm showers? C'mon, Polly!