Thursday, May 22, 2008

Jake is a Graduate!


My Jakers has officially completed Kindergarten! We attended his kindergarten picnic and graduation this afternoon. Jake also received the Student of the Month award for the month of January. He was so pumped! He put both hands in the air and said "YES!".

I can't beleive that this year is already over. What a blessing Mrs. Horton and the Kindergarten Center have been! I could not have asked for a better experience for Jake's first year of school.

Jake's awards and t-shirt. The teachers in the purple pod made each student in their class t-shirts to wear during graduation. Jake was so proud of his!


This is Jake receiving his "Student of the Month" Award.




Proud Dad after Graduation!



Demario, Jake, Wesley, and Christian.


Travis, Bryson, Jake, Kaleel.
Jake's best friends in his class. They all play football at recess.




3 comments:

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Oh, what a special day! I am so glad he had a wonderful first year. It doesn't seem possible that he is old enough to be finished with kindergarten already!

lyla said...

congratulations! so cute! i can't believe you have a first grader! he's precious--good luck next year :)

Amy Barrett said...

Isn't it so cool that they (emma and jake) will graduate in 2020, that just sounds cool to me. I know you are so proud. Can you believe you have a first grader??? I can't! Oh, I love the graduation cap and gown photo, too cute!