Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Thankful Tuesday

I love Thankful Tuesday's! Today I am going to list the boys top 10 books that they are thankful for. They each get to pick one book to read every night before bed.

1. Our newest obsession: Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

2. Love You Forever. Chris is the only one that can read this one because it makes me cry.

3. Hop On Pop. This has been a favorite for years now. Especially Jake.

4. Mia Hamm - Winners Never Quit. A great little book about being a good loser.

5. Earl The Squirrel. Love little Earl!

6. The Kiwi that was Scared of the Dark. Ray and Meta Winters brought the boys this book from New Zealand. It is a favorite there. We all have this one memorized.

7. Go, Dog. Go! We don't have to read this one now. Jake can read it to us. He learned to read on this book.

8. Bugs are Insects. We love the non-fiction books around here. This one is about the difference between insects, spiders, and bugs. Very interesting!

9. How do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? How do Dinosaurs Go to School, How do Dinosaurs Go to the Doctor, etc... We have this whole series of books and love every one of them!

10. And finally the most important and most favorite of all..... The Rhyme Bible. What would we do without the Rhyme Bible. It is whole family favorite. It even goes on vacation with us. Jake's favorite story is Jesus dying on the cross. Isaac's is Jonah. At the end of every page in the Jonah story it says: "Uh-oh Jonah, You should've gone to Ninevah!" Isaac is in charge of saying that line! I think he just likes the word Ninevah!

7 comments:

Danna Ramsey said...

Love you forever makes me cry, too!

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

When my brother was small (way before he could read) we would read Go Dog Go to him. Actually he would read it to us (from memory) and we would just turn the pages for him. That is an awesome book!

Amy Barrett said...

We are all about the Alexander and his bad day book too! That is Emma's favorite book! Good idea with the book list!

Jenny said...

Lucy also adores books about insects and dinosaurs. She wants to know what kind of bugs she can pick up. But unlike your boys, she also adores princess books. I guess variety is the spice of life!

Debbie Cook said...

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day is my favorite book in the whole world. I could move to Australia today too!

ashleigh said...

I love Alexander, too. When he goes into the whole spiel about being first best friends, third best friends, etc--oh, that kills me because it is SO true!

I have never heard of the rhyme bible! How fun! I will have to hunt that one down.

Greg Brooks said...

Love you forever...is that the one where the freaky mom CRAWLS IN HER ADULT SON'S WINDOW AND PUTS HIM IN HER LAP AND SINGS??!!

As a mental health professional, I have some terms that apply to that.

Carolyn gets misty over that book. It's not my favorite. Great sentiment, but a little too "Psycho" for me.