Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thankful Tuesday on Thursday

Sorry I am late, but you know, what can you do? Here are a few things that I am thankful for today.

1. I HAVE A NEW JOB! I am the new Family and Consumer Science teacher at MacAthur Jr. High. I know that most of you are thinking...jr. high? But I would much rather be with jr. high kids than 3rd graders! All I need is a few air freshers and I am good!

2. The church playground. The boys and I went to the playground today with our good friends Carolyn, Wesley, and Samuel. What good times, and what a great playground!

3. My mama bird on our front porch has laid more eggs and they are hatching today! She has already had 2 babies this year and is now on her second batch. I think that she "gets around".

4. The elders at church. I took Jake to see them last night and they all laid hands on him and prayed for him. His big yearly allergy appointment at AR Children's Hospital is next Wed. and they always want me to bring him in so that they can pray over him. I asked Jake last night why he thought that the elders did that for him and he said "because they love me." Praise the Lord that my children have so many Holy men that pray for them!

5. Because I am getting a full time job this fall, I get to have a house cleaner!!! Yippee! Is it bad to go back to work just so that I can get someone to clean my house?

6. Have I told you lately how much I truly love my new chaco's?

7. My new calendar organization area. I was having a small panic attack yesterday, because I felt so out of control with our schedule, so I headed to Office Max. I bought 3 dry erase calendars so that I could have the whole summer laid out in front of me. It makes me so happy to look at it!


8. I get to go to the late movie tomorrow night with the Ladies! I won't tell you what movie I am seeing because it has a dirty word in the title, but I bet you can guess!

9. My mom is coming on Saturday for a week! The boys are always so happy when she is here and it is so nice to have a mom break for a few days!

10. SUMMER! I still have to work, but it is so nice to not have to get the boys up and ready for school every day. They both stink so bad right now, but it is ok because we have no where to go. Nothing like the smell of stinky sweaty boys covered in sunscreen!

3 comments:

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Wow....that is a fabulous week!

Amy Barrett said...

Do you know what my little Eva Grace would do with dry erase calendars? LEt's just say that would be worse than no calendar at all! It's a great idea though! I love a good orginization system - and congrats on your new job!~

ashleigh said...

congrats on the new job! that is exciting. i happen to like jr high kids (although you are right: you need some air fresheners!). they are weird, but charming in their own little stinky way. you will be in the same building with mrs. cobb too--good times in the teachers' lounge!