Isaac's Nightly Routine
Isaac is a very funny boy! His name means "laughter" and he is living up to it. Our nightly routine with him usually leaves us in a good chuckle!
We start out getting our pj's on. He still can't get off his shirt, but he tries. This usually leaves him with his head out and his arms pinned behind him. I have watched him do this and still don't understand how he does it. If he does let me help him with his shirt, I can never pull it all of the way off. It has to stay on his head like a hat. He then runs around with nothing on but his shirt on his head. For some reason, he always has to show Chris this. Underwear is optional for Isaac's pj's.
Then there is the bathroom routine. This usually goes ok unless the boys are in there together. It takes them forever and they like to shake the water off their hands on each other. Thus, running down the hall, screaming, and laughing occurs.
The boys each get to pick out one book to read before bed. This is probably one of their favorite times of the day. They also get to pick who reads: mom or dad. It is always dad. He is a much more lively reader than mom. After story time they all three scream MOM! That means it is prayer time. Isaac has a special place he likes to sit during prayer time. We read on Jake's bed and he has a foot board. Isaac sits up there. His "special spot". Very rarely can Isaac make it through the whole prayer without getting us all laughing. He is usually laughing, playing with some toy, or making funny noises. His favorite funny noise right now is making his nose whistle. boys.
I am the official back scratcher in the family. I start with Jake and then move to Isaac. Isaac has a twin bed so I kneel next to the bed and lay my head on this pillow and scratch his back. He loves for me to smooch him and give nose kisses. One night I was doing this with my eyes closed and Isaac lifted his head and said "What are you doing?! Are you sleeping on my pillow?!)
After I leave, it takes him no longer than 1 minute to yell out. "Mom! What you doing?" "Mom, I need to tell you sometin" This will go on until I go back in there and give him a few more kisses and re-tuck him in. Isaac sleeps with 2 dinosaurs. One purple, one orange. One under each arm. He is a sweet, sweet boy!
2 comments:
Polly, please don't think I'm crazy, but something about this post chokes me up. You may have to stop with the sweet posts about your boys. I'm not sure my emotions can take it! :-)
Oh, the night time rituals. I personally think my children are at their sweetest when they are asleep. That is an adorable sleeping picture!
Post a Comment