Oh...my Jakers! Do I have a story to tell you about Jake's emotional Monday!
Let me set the scene for you:
*I am driving back to work after a nice relaxing lunch by myself at Pizza Inn. (I like to go myself and read)
*Phone rings. Kindergarten Center. Jake didn't make it from the playground in time. Had a accident in the bathroom trying to get his pants down. (This has never happened at school before!)
*I work over by the mall, so I called Chris because he works right down the street. He runs home and gets him new clothes and heads up there.
* Jake immediately starts crying when he sees Chris.
*What the nurse failed to tell me is that Jake didn't only pee his pants, but he did "something else" his pants.
*Side note: Jake has really bad food allergies and that results in "abnormal" stools. I will let your mind wander on that one. To say the least he can't hold it as well as normal children!
*Chris attempts to clean him up, but finally asks him, "buddy, do you just want to go home?" Jake of course wants to, so Chris takes him home and gives him a bath.
*Bless him! My poor Jakers! Very traumatic!
Scene two:
*Jake's first t-ball practice. He has never played before. Chris is the assistant coach.
*Jake is paired up with another little boy and they are suppose to throw the ball back and forth to each other.
*The other boy puts the ball in his glove and throws it. Jake tells him he is doing it wrong.
*Jake throws it right, but hits the boy in the crotch.
*He throws it again and hits the boy in the chin.
*Later on, he throws the ball to coach and hits him in the head.
*At least he has good aim!
My Jakers is a great kid, with a great attitude! By the time he got out of the bath he was completely over the whole incident. He was happy and couldn't wait to go pick up Isaac from school. He loved t-ball and can't wait for their first game. He is a happy boy that can always roll with the punches. Love that boy!
Love Chris too! He gets the "Dad of the Year" award!
(I would appreicate it if no one would say anything to Jake about this post! He can read it when he is an adult!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Read when he is an adult....yes, I imagine we are all going to be in trouble when our kids read our posts then. Poor Jake, but it sounds like he bounced back.
Aw, Jake--I hope you are always so easy-going! It will serve you well as an adult (although hopefully you will have outgrown bathroom accidents and sports trauma by that point!)
Polly & Chris--may you have this same spirit when you get served with a lawsuit by the parents of that little boy Jake hit with the t-ball.....hehehe
Post a Comment